Not currently available.
A Post-COVID-19 Exposure Treatment
REGEN-COV Monoclonal Antibody Therapy Treatment can prevent severe illness, hospitalization, and death.
Those 12 and older, at high-risk and exposed, or COVID-19 +, are eligible.
Treatment is offered at NO COST to patients, and vaccination status does not matter.
The U.S. Food and Drug Administration has authorized the emergency use of REGEN-COV to be used as a post-COVID prevention medicine. And now, Palm Harbor Pharmacy is pleased to be one of the only facilities approved to offer the treatment to our patients.
Prophylaxis with REGEN-COV is not a substitute for vaccination against COVID-19.
What is REGEN-COV Monoclonal Antibody Therapy Treatment?
Monoclonal Antibody Treatment (MAB) can prevent severe illness, hospitalization, and even death for those who have COVID-19. In fact, in clinical trials, monoclonal antibody treatment showed a 70% reduction in hospitalization and death.
It is for the treatment of mild to moderate symptoms of COVID-19 and post-exposure treatment prevention of COVID-19.
With MAB therapy treatments, the antibodies help the immune system recognize and respond effectively to the virus. According to the treatment guidelines, they should be administered as soon as possible after diagnosis.
- Treatment is offered at no cost to patients, and vaccination status does not matter. If you are 12 years and older and are at high risk for severe illness due to COVID-19, you are eligible for this treatment.
- There is currently a standing order in Florida signed by the State Surgeon General that allows patients to receive this treatment without a prescription or referral if administered by an eligible health care provider.
- For high-risk patients who have been exposed to someone with COVID19, REGEN-COV can give you temporary immunity to decrease your odds of catching the infection by over 80%.
Who is Eligible for REGEN-COV MAB?
REGEN‑COV is used in adults and adolescents 12 years of age and older who weigh at least 88 pounds and are at high risk for severe COVID‑19, including hospitalization or death.
REGEN-COV may only be used as post-exposure prophylaxis for adults and pediatric individuals, including:
- Those at high risk for progression to severe COVID-19, including hospitalization or death.
- Individuals who are not fully vaccinated or do not have an adequate immune response to complete COVID-19 vaccination. For example, people with immunocompromising conditions, including those taking immunosuppressive medications, would be approved.
- Those who have been exposed to an individual infected with COVID-19.
- And any who are at high risk of exposure to an individual infected with COVID-19 because of occurrence of COVID-19 infection in other individuals in the same institutional setting. Examples of these would be nursing homes or prisons.
How is REGEN-COV Given?
REGEN-COV has two medicines (casirivimab and imdevimab) that are given together at the same time. Additionally, they are presented in two ways; through a vein (IV) or injected in the tissue just under the skin (injections). Your healthcare provider determines the most appropriate way for you to be given REGEN-COV.
For Treatment: REGEN-COV is provided as Four injections given in separate locations around the same time.
As Post-Exposure Prevention: If you are receiving injections, your dose will be provided as multiple injections given in separate locations around the same time.
Where is the REGEN-COV Administered: Palm Harbor Pharmacy keeps COVID Positive and Exposed patients OUTSIDE of the pharmacy to reduce exposure risk for our staff and those healthy patients who come inside for preventative therapies and prescriptions.
Patients are asked to stay inside their car and pull into our 3rd Drive Thru lane. Once parked, call 727-787-2273 to check in for your appointment.
How long does the appointment take? You should allow 90 minutes to complete your treatment. This includes check-in, paperwork, injection treatments, and 1 hour of monitoring.
What Are the Side Effects Associated with the Treatment?
Possible side effects of REGEN-COV are minimal. They normally include:
- brief pain
- bruising of the skin
- and possible infection at the infusion site.
About Allergic reactions: Allergic reactions can happen during and after infusion or injection of REGEN-COV. Symptoms of allergic reactions include fever, chills, nausea, headache, shortness of breath, low or high blood pressure, rapid or slow heart rate, chest discomfort or pain, weakness, confusion, feeling tired, wheezing, swelling of your lips, face, or throat, rash including hives, itching, muscle aches, feeling faint, dizziness, and sweating. These reactions may be severe or life-threatening.
Palm Harbor Pharmacy: Providing You with Lifesaving Treatments with REGEN-COV
At Palm Harbor Pharmacy, we are proud to be enhancing our health and wellness efforts once again by offering the REGEN-COV Monoclonal Antibody Therapy Treatments to those eligible.
If you have the approval to receive the MAB treatment, book your appointment here and be sure to follow health and safety protocol when it is appointment day.
Palm Harbor Pharmacy wishes you health and safety.